Re: Datatypes in test (attn Ian, Pat, Sandro) RE: comments on OWL test cases

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:23:43 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Reviewing the text I sent earlier today in light of the datatypes decision

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0087.html
and also
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0066.html
[[
G.1 allow unsupported data types such that they depend on
     identity of RDF literals, but no more.
]]

I think that instead of

**
An OWL consistency checker MUST NOT return Consistent when the input
document uses datatypes (other than in triples with predicate
owl:cardinality, owl:minCardinality and owl:maxCardinality) that are not
supported by the datatype theory of the consistency checker.
**

I should have

**
When the input
document uses datatypes (other than in triples with predicate
owl:cardinality, owl:minCardinality and owl:maxCardinality) that are not
supported by the datatype theory of the consistency checker,
an OWL consistency checker MUST return Unknown if the
consistency of the document depends on the internals of
the unsupported datatype.
**

That statement however, is not dependent on anything in S&AS as far as I can
see; I just made it up in light of the issue resolutions.

Jeremy