complete checkers should or MUST pass tests

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:00:27 +0100
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
CC: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Sandro Hawke wrote:

>>A complete OWL Lite consistency checker or a complete OWL DL
>>consistency checker should not return Unknown
>>
>                       ^^^^^^^^^^  MUST NOT

This comment concerns section 5.2 of the test cases

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/editors-draft/draft/#runningConsistencyChecker

which is currently informative and also does not have RFC 2119 in scope to
define the word MUST. The choice of the word "should" was intended to
reflect the constraints on a complete consistency checker from 4.2.2

If we wanted to make this change I would suggest the following:

In the quoted text replace "should not" by "must not"

In the normative section
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/editors-draft/draft/#consistencyChecker

Add the following after the definitions of complete OWL Lite and complete
OWL DL consistency checkers.

[[
A complete consistency checker MUST NOT return unknown on any of the
relevant normative consistency and inconsistency tests in this document.
]]

Sandro,

is that what you wanted?
what does anyone else think?