Re: owl:All(something) ??

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:14:21 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I had a thought on the owl:AllSame construct ...

using owl:sameIndividualAs you can achieve the desired result in O(N) text.
owl:AllSame requires O(N) text.

i1 = i2.
i2 = i3.

i1 != i2
i1 != i3.
i2 != i3.

Thus the advantage of the extra construct is merely a constant factor.

A further thought is that to do AllSame properly would require
AllSameIndividual AllSameProperty AllSameClass

IIRC on owl:AllDisjoint we noted that the N in this construct is typically
small, so an O(N^2) solution is acceptable.