[Fwd: Re: [Jena-devel] RE: WOWG: Need to know about your implementations -- ASAP]

Jim,

Jeremy forwarded your request for information on OWL implementations.

In addition to the syntax checker that Jeremy has already described, the current
checked-in version of Jena2
includes:

 o An OWL API which provides convenience methods for accessing and manipulating
   an RDF graph containing OWL declarations. This builds upon the approach
   taken for the DAML+OIL API in Jena1 but supports multiple language
   profiles including each of the OWL species in addition to DAML+OIL and
   RDFS. The API has improved support for loading the imports closure of an
   ontology document.
   Further refinements to this are in-progress.

 o A preview version of a rule-based reasoner with a rule set which implements
  the OWL-lite subset of OWL full. This is not a complete reasoner, it will
  not handle all cases of multiple "complete" definitions of the same class.
  However, it passes a modified[*] version all of the normative working group
  tests that fall within this subset.
  Substantial refinements to the rule engine are in-progress.

[*] Approximately 10 of the tests were modified to better fit the Jena API
approach by reducing the reliance on comprehension axioms. Tests of the form:
   class-expression-1  |-  class-expression-2 ?
were rewritten into the form:
   C1=class-expression-1, C2=class-expression-2  |-  (C1 subClassOf C2) ?

Dave Reynolds and Ian Dickinson