Documents and datatypes (RE: Datatypes - help please)

At 16:07 +0100 3/31/03, Ian Horrocks wrote:
>On March 28, Jeremy Carroll writes:
>>

>>  >BTW, we didn't specify anything about what a datatype theory ought to
>>  >say (e.g., it could map all integers to the same domain element). Do
>>  >we want/need to say that datatype theories must be consistent with
>>  >XMLSchema, or some such?
>>
>>  Procedurally, shouldn't this be made as a last call comment on S&AS after
>>  Monday?
>
>If you say so - procedure is not my strong suit :-)
>
>Ian
>

>>  Jeremy
>>
>  >

Would this go in S&AS or Test?  Since Test didn't go to LC, I think
that would be the easiest place to mention this and we could do that
at any time.  If it needs to go in S&AS, we will see where we stand
after LC - that is, we may get LC comments with respect to datatypes
that we would address by adding such words.  Also, since this doesn't
change the design of the langauge (i.e. we are all assuming the
handling must be consistent with the datatype definitions, so it's
just a matter of whether we feel we need to add text to the normative
definition) it is something we can do editorially without having to
do a new LC -- so, in essence, process is simply not to do anything
to S&AS at this time.

Also, please remember what we were reminded of at last week's telecon
-- by agreeing to move to LC, members of THIS working group have
agreed we have the design right, and should not be sending LC
complaints - you've had your shot over the past 18 months - time for
the rest of the world to bring up their issues.