Re: implementation issues with b-node sharing (5.26 DL syntax)

From: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:46:17 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I don't recall saying anything about implementation experience in a
telecon, but I did state at the editors meeting that I doubt if
structure sharing would be problematic for implementations, that it
would probably involve extra work to check that no such sharing was
taking place, and that I doubt if many implementors would bother with
such a check.

Sean and Raphael will be in a better position than me to confirm if
this is really the case, e.g., in the species validator.

The problem with structure sharing would be finding the resource to
change S&AS (changes could be quite significant).

Ian