Re: XMLLiteral

At 16:21 +0100 3/24/03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>What is the current status of rdf:XMLLiteral?
>
>I note that in Peter's draft it is in the disallowed category (section 4.2)
>[1]; but section 2 says "OWL also uses rdfs:Literal and can use
>rdf:XMLLiteral."
>
>Jeremy
>
>[1]
>http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/owl/semantics/mapping.html#di
>sallowed_rdf_vocabulary

The group approved the proposal made by Peter with respect to
"unknown datatypes" in [2] that:

>1/ I propose that an OWL reasoner may choose not to support some of
>the OWL    built-in datatypes or even rdf:XMLLiteral, but that it
>should be easy to    determine which datatypes any OWL reasoner
>supports. 2/ I propose that all OWL reasoners be required to support
>the following    TWO datatypes:	xsd:integer	xsd:string

and noted that "or even" should be replaced by "or" in clause 1.

I believe ACTIONs were assigned to bring S&AS and Test in line with this;
yes, here they are in the minutes:

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0087.html