Re: XMLLiteral

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:00:41 -0500
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
At 16:21 +0100 3/24/03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>What is the current status of rdf:XMLLiteral?
>I note that in Peter's draft it is in the disallowed category (section 4.2)
>[1]; but section 2 says "OWL also uses rdfs:Literal and can use

The group approved the proposal made by Peter with respect to
"unknown datatypes" in [2] that:

>1/ I propose that an OWL reasoner may choose not to support some of
>the OWL    built-in datatypes or even rdf:XMLLiteral, but that it
>should be easy to    determine which datatypes any OWL reasoner
>supports. 2/ I propose that all OWL reasoners be required to support
>the following    TWO datatypes:	xsd:integer	xsd:string

and noted that "or even" should be replaced by "or" in clause 1.

I believe ACTIONs were assigned to bring S&AS and Test in line with this;
yes, here they are in the minutes:

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0087.html