Another Reason for not having XMLLiteral in OWL/DL

From: Raphael Volz <volz@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:40:13 -0500
To: "Webont" <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Hi -

the attentive reader may have noticed that my counting missed
argument 3.

Here it comes.

Another reason for not having XMLLiteral in DL is making
life easier for follow-up working groups, e.g. Query / Rules

If we allow to embedd arbitrary trees into datatype property
values, a query language certainly needs means to address /
query / filter objects based on the tree content, requiring
a component of a query language able to handle this.

This essentially boils down to having the full XQuery language
as a sublanguage of the OWL Query language. This makes implementations
very hard !

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Best regards,

Raphael Volz