Re: Property with no range ... ObjectProperty or DatatypeProperty?

On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 07:02, Roger L. Costello wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Suppose that I want to define a property without an rdfs:range.  Thus,
> the property can have any value - a string (datatype) value or an object
> value.  Right?

In OWL Full, yes...

>   Then how do I define the property - as an
> owl:ObjectProperty or as an owl:DatatypeProperty?

neither. owl:ObjectProperty excludes string values,
and owl:DatatypeProperty excludes non-datatype values.

So you can't make an OWL DL/Lite ontology with
such a beast.

In OWL Full, it's just an ordinary rdf:Property.