Re: SEM: AS&S Comprehension conditions (principles)

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:02:57 +0200
To: "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Cc: pfps@research.bell-labs.com, www-webont-wg@w3.org

When I was sending this message to Peter, I forgot to
cc the group and so we discussed a bit offline...
The conclusion is that we have an implementation
specific issue

> we normally assert P and try to prove C
> using resolution based backchaining.
> In the implementation we do *not* assert ~C.
> However in the case C contains comprehension
> conditions we *do* assert those (as they
> are the case). Of course, we could assert
> contradictory matter that way, so that's why I
> said "so I guess one has to check for those".

                    Jos De_Roo
                                         To:     pfps@research.bell-labs.com
                    2003-06-23           cc:     www-webont-wg@w3.org
                    02:14 AM             Subject:     SEM: AS&S Comprehension conditions (principles)

Peter,

In AS&S Comprehension conditions (principles)
how can one be sure that

  _:x owl:onProperty :p.
  _:x owl:maxCardinality 1.
  _:x owl:onProperty :p.
  _:x owl:minCardinality 5.

is not entailed from the empty KB?

PS using AS&S Comprehension conditions (principles)
   we now have implementation experience that

     :X a _:x. _:x owl:oneOf (:a :b :c).
     :Y a _:y. _:y owl:intersectionOf (:A :B :C :D).
     :Z a _:z. _:z owl:unionOf (:M :N :O).

   entails

     :X a _:u. _:u owl:oneOf (:d :c :b :a).
     :Y a _:v. _:v owl:intersectionOf (:C :B :A).
     :Z a _:w. _:w owl:unionOf (:P :O :N :M).