Re: [Fwd: Re: Proposed response to Golbeck regarding imports issue]

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 10:35, Jeff Heflin wrote:
> Dan,
>
> In my proposed text regarding imports in Reference:

> Peter has asked that I remove the comment about some applications
> choosing to process the URIs associated with namespaces:
>
> > > I oppose including the parenthetical remark above.  I believe that such
> > > permissive statements have no place in our documents.
> > >

> Would you oppose the removal of this parenthetical remark?

I thought about it a bit... I'm already on record as objecting
to the owl:imports design... so yes, I oppose removal of this
parenthetical remark; but that's not news; it shouldn't affect
the editor's work in preparing a document that's consistent
with the decisions of the WG.

Carry on without me, please.

Oh! a parting suggestion...

I would appreciate a NOTE in the document that documents
the outstanding dissent around owl:imports.