Re: Proposed response to Golbeck regarding imports issue

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 12:05:35 -0500
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Cc: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>, Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, "Smith, Michael K" <michael.smith@eds.com>, WebOnt <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 10:08, Guus Schreiber wrote:
[...]
>  > "Note that the importing a document is different than creating a
>  > namespace reference. owl:imports do not set up a shorthand notation for
>  > names as does a namespace reference. On the other hand, the namespace
>  > reference does not imply that all (or even any) ontological terms from
>  > that namespace are being imported.

Oops! I must have missed that earlier.

Yes, namespace declarations do imply that ontological terms
are being imported! At least in the tools that I build, they
do. I don't mind if the WG doesn't endorse that position, but
I do mind if the WG specifies that it's not so.

Please strike that text.