RE: Proposed response to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/pub lic-webont-comments/2003Apr/0046.html

From: Smith, Michael K <michael.smith@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:56:50 -0500
To: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>, Webont WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Already done.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank van Harmelen [mailto:Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 3:34 PM
To: Webont WG
Subject: Proposed response to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Apr/0046.html

Below my proposed response to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Apr/0046.html

MikeS: can you implement that fix in section 5.2 of the Guide?
(rdf:label -> rdfs:label)

Frank.
   ----
Deb may want to change Louis to the name of her father, at some point:-)

Dear Morten,

Thank you for your comments on the Overview document dated 19 April
(at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Apr/0046.html
)

Below is our response.
Our apologies for not responding to these sooner.

> 3 (second paragraph):
> - Incomplete sentence; [[[... are also only allowed between named classes,
> ...]]].

Fixed.

> 3.4:
> - The example for allValuesFrom could benefit from being one having
> the domain being different from the range (for clarity)

We changed the example
from "Person hasOffSpring allValuesFrom Person"
to   "Person hasDaughter allValuesFrom Woman"

> 3.1.1:
> - The rdf:ID reference example says that [[[Other ontologies may reference
> this name using its complete form,
> "http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/guide-src/wine#Region".]]], but since
> there is no xml:base declaration, they can't do that (in a reliable
> fashion), right?

xml:base has been added to wine.owl and food.owl.

> 5.2:
> - rdf:label for #White should be rdfs:label.

Will be fixed.

Thanks for your comments.
Can you let us know (with a Cc to public-webont-comments@w3.org)
whether you are satisfied with our answer.

Frank van Harmelen.
    ----