question about DL/Lite semantics

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:13:23 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

On one of my homework assignments after the beer session I've got a little bit
stuck considering the following entailments according to the direct semantics

Does

AnnotationProperty( <a> )
Class( <bar> )

entail

AnnotationProperty( <a> )
Class( <foo> annotation( <a> individual() ) )

?

If not, why not?

I also note that there is a bug in the LC mapping rules that permits

individual()

to map to nothing
so that the following contradicition maps to a noncontradition in RDF/XML

individual()
EquivalentClasses( owl:Thing, owl:Nothing )

I am still working on the rdf:List homework, and will possibly propose a bug
fix for this bug as a side effect.

(The equivalent expression

individual( type(owl:Thing) )
EquivalentClasses( owl:Thing, owl:Nothing )

is a simple contradiction)

Jeremy