Re: TEST: 5 of 7: was Re: Revisiting AllDisjoint

Jim:

Ian Horrocks wrote:

> I wasn't able to run the test (I don't yet have the datatype reasoner
> working), but it doesn't look like it would work, because
> Amphisbaenians etc are not said to be reptiles and so would not
> inherit the cardinality constraint on the reptile-name property.
>
> Also, I'm not an expert on reptiles (not this kind of reptile anyway),
> but I guess that "Sauria" is not a reptile, but a family or genus (or
> some such?) of reptile. The proposed datatype idiom has to be used
> carefully in such cases because if there is a hierarchy with
> disjointness at each level, e.g., if there were sub-classes of
> Serpentes such as "Viper" and "Cobra" (bad modelling, I know, but
> let's ignore that for now), then to make these disjoint you must use a
> different property than the one used to make Sauria and Serpentes
> themselves disjoint (otherwise the ontology would be inconsistent).
>
> I would suggest to either use reptile species in the example, or to
> change the name of the property to something like "genus-name".

I updated the test as you suggested, ading the subClassOf triples, and
using "family-name" and things that were reptile family's (according to the
above webpage - they all in "-dae")

I also increased the N to 12 which is break even point (78 triples for each).

The pages are checking in at this moment.

Jeremy

(Correction the formula is 6+6*N)