W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > July 2003


From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:46:47 -0400
Message-Id: <p05200f42bb44be6bf896@[]>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Due to a campus emergency, I will not be able to attend the meeting 
tomorrow.  Sandro has agreed to chair.  I have also spent time on the 
phone with Dan Connolly (who also cannot be there) and Jeremy to make 
sure we had "our ducks in a row" - below is the new agenda - I think 
we are in pretty good shape.
  I also pass the following proxies on to Sandro
     Guus (for Ibrow) - in favor of CR
     Jonathan Borden (Invited Expert) - in favor of CR
Bijan Parsia, my alternate, will cast the vote for Univ of Md

  Let's do it!!!!
AGENDA  Teleconference Web Ontology Working Group
July 24, 2003, 1200 (East US), 0900 (West US). 1700 (London)
Duration: 60-90 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 passcode 9326#.
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #webont

Chair: Jim Hendler
Scribe: Evan Wallace

1. Administrivia (10 min; chair/scribe)

Role Call

Approve Minutes of Jul 10:

Provisional telecon schedule for summer:

Jul 31    NO telecon
Aug 7     telecon, chair Schreiber, scribe TBD
Aug 14    NO telecon
Aug 21    telecon, chair Hendler, scribe TBD

Agenda Ammendments

2. ACTION ITEM REVIEW (10 min; Chair)

Last Call Comment Actions:  NONE!

Document Actions:

Actions continued:
  ACTION jjc make sure test has owl:sameAs in Lite and no owl:sameIndividualAs
  ACTION jjc Add owl:Thing = owl:Nothing test
  ACTION JJC update test document  to reflect iff => if

DONE:  ACTION MikeS to add new compoundkey issue

  ACTION MikeSmith change closing text  to reflect iff => if

  ACTION PFPS editorial change  to reflect iff => if

3.0 Issues in need of discussion (<30 min total)

  3.1 Datatyping question from Dave Reynolds (5 min; Jeremy Carroll)
In the message
Dave Reynolds explains that I misunderstood what he was asking for in 
my reply to him - he makes a good case, which Jeremy expands on in 
his message

The WG should decide whether to add this feature or not.  If the 
latter, someone should take an action to send a message summarizing 
the WG's response to him.

  3.2 bnode issues - B1 and B2 revisited (25 min; Jeremy Carroll)
The WG needs to resolve this once and for all.  A straw poll will be 
taken as to whether to
  a - reopen issue 5.26, accept Jeremy's solution to B1,B2, and close.
  b - Retain the status quo, keeping the issue closed over Jeremy's objection.

It should be noted that in the past the WG did express a willingness 
to do a if Jeremy could fix the correspondence proof, which he has 
now done.

(A would remove Jeremy's objection to 5.26, but would require 
actioning editorial change to the S&AS document.  B would require a 
reworking of the CR request w/respect to the status of this issue).

4.0 Proposal to Request Candidate Recommendation Status  (30 min; Sandro)
Proposal and rationale:
Draft CE Director's request:

Upon passage (ed: knock wood) actions to editors and team contact to 
prepare editors' drafts for publication as CR documents and to 
publish these

5.0 4.0 Raucous Celebration or Much Waling and Gnashing of Teeth (2 min, WG)
    (dependent on outcome of 4.0)

6.0 A.O.B


Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***
Received on Wednesday, 23 July 2003 19:46:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:56:54 UTC