Re: issues with respect to the test cases overall manifest document

At 8:53 PM +0300 7/23/03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>>  FWIW - and my non-chairs opinion only - I know of a number of groups
>>  working successfully from the current version, using automated tools
>>  to handle the running of the tests (Euler, E-wallet, Pellet,
>>  OwlLisaKb, Owlet - at the very least) - I would oppose any attempt to
>>  change the format at this time when so many people have already
>>  invested the time in using the LC version
>

>I don't think this proposal is a substantitve change just an editorial
>clarification.
>
>The current all-test manifest is produced with this algorithm
>
>1: read owl.rdf
>2: read the issue list document and transform some parts into RDF
>3: read the rdf test schema and the OWL test ontology
>4: read all the single test manifest files
>5: combine all these as a single RDF graph and output it whichever way it
>comes
>
>It's fine for the RDF literate, but:
>- is very messy
>- and includes lots of irrelevant stuff
>
>The suggested approach would contain all the single manifest files (part 4),
>none of the other stuff (which is more stable), and be more readable as a
>plain text file, or an XML file, rather than just as an RDF graph.
>
>Jeremy

I misunderstood what was being proposed - thanks for explaining it to
me off-list, and I'm happy with whatever you as editor think improves
things.
  -JH

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***