new version of S&AS in response to changes to RDF model theory

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:40:22 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

A new version of S&AS is available at
http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/owl/semantics/
that contains fixes in response to the announced changes in the RDF model
theory to make rdfs:subClassOf and rdfs:subPropertyOf non-extensional and
to not create type triples for collections.

The first is needed to make the OWL semantics work out right.  The second
is not needed, but does mean that rdf:parseType="Collection" (or whatever)
constructs will not necessarily not be in OWL DL.

I also note that there is at least one other significant change to the RDF
model theory that may impact OWL.  Predicates no longer need to be
resources in RDF.  I believe that this change has not been announced and
that it is not in response to problems with the RDF model theory.