W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > July 2003

Re: Agenda/Logistics for July 3 telecon

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:41:04 +0100
Message-ID: <3F028C90.8070505@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
CC: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>



I had two left over from last week, unfortunately one of them has a 
dependency on the semantic layering issue, so we probably should spend 
between 0 and 3 minutes on it, until we have decided what to do on 5.3.

The issues are

**** B1 B2 proof
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jun/0294
This is ready for discussion I believe.


**** no explicit type on bnodes
(rdf:List)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jun/0302

the proof on this one depends on owl:Things being identified with 
rdfs:Resource in OWL Full, and only a weaker result would hold if we decide 
to resolve the semantic layering problem by dropping this identity.

Jeremy


Jim Hendler wrote:

> Please let me know if there are other agenda items you'd like included.
> 
> =======================================================================
> 
> 
> AGENDA  Teleconference Web Ontology Working Group
> 
> July 3, 1200 (East US), 0900 (West US). 1700 (London)
> 
> Duration: 90 min
> 
> 
> For those who don't have zakim in their speed dialers:
>   Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 passcode 9326#.
>   IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #webont
> 
> 
> Chair: Jim H
> 
> Scribe: Jeremy C
> 
> 
> 
> 1.0 Admin
> 
> 
> 1.a Roll Call
> 
> 
> 1.b Next meeting
> 
> July 10 - Chair: Guus, Scribe, TBD
> 
> 
> 1.c PROPOSED: to accept the minutes from previous call (June 26)
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jun/0364.html
> 
> 
> 1.d Agenda Ammendments
> 
> 
> 2.0 Action review
> 
> 
> 2.a ACTIONS Known to have been closed:
> 
> 
> [CLOSED] 2. Restriction, DeprecatedClass in OWL Language Reference 31 
> March 2003
> 
> ACTION: Guus Schreiber will craft process response.
> 
> 
> [CLOSED] 10. OWL Reference comment - RDF Schema for OWL
> 
> Guus S. sent propose response.  Approved
> 
> ACTION: Guus S. to send response
> 
> 
> [CLOSED} 30. OWL comment - owl:OntologyProperty
> 
> DONE: 12Jun ACTION: Guus.
> 
> 12Jun ACTION: Jeremy. CONTINUED.
> 12Jun minute: Jeremy to respond
> 
> ACTION: Guus to make Ref consistent with resolution
> 
> 
> 
> 2.b other comments still pending (now under 10!)
> 
> 
> 3. unspecified domain,range in App. C of OWL Language Reference 31 March
> 2003
> 
> CONTINUED: 12Jun ACTION: Mike Dean to respond.
> 
> 
> 12. Re: privacy in OWL
> ACTION: Guus S. to propose response. (moved to JimH)
> 
> 21. daml:item
> ACTION: Jim Hendler. Respond with pointer to Issue 5.5.
> 
> 22. RDFCore Comments on OWL Reference
> Guus sent partial response.
> 
> WAITING FOR ACK.
> ACTION: Frank van Harmelen to respond to one open element.
> 
> 25. Comments on Owl REF document
> 
> DONE: 12Jun ACTION: Guus (sent to WG, approved by Dan)
> ACTION: Guus to send.
> 
> 28. Non-global Keys
> Compound keys not in response.
> ACTION: Guus to find record of decision and propose Issue to be postponed.
> 
> ACTION: Jim Hendler to add to proposed response.
> 
> 32. Language Overview Document editorial comments
> DONE: 12Jun ACTION: Frank.
> 
> 12Jun minute: Frank to respond, editorial
> 
> WAITING FOR ACK. We think.
> ACTION: Guus to find our response.
> 
> 34. Could owl:sameAs reference non-OWL resources?
> 12Jun ACTION: Pat. CONTINUED.
> 
> 12Jun minute: Pat to respond
> ACTION: Guus to check status.
> 
> 38. QA Review of owl-semantics
> 
> Sandro sent proposed reply.
> ACTION: Jeremy, Jeff.
> All editors add link from their document to ALL others.
> 
> 
> 3.0 owl:sameAs
> 
> loose end to tie up - approve owl:sameAs for Lite and DL.
> 
> 
> 4.0 Compound Keys
> 
> Proposal to POSTPONE
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jun/0366.html
> 
> 
> 
> 5.0 Dan's comments on Owl S&AS
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/0002.html
> 
> 
> 6.0 Last Call comments on Test Document
> 
> Comment period has closed - anything new to be done?
> 
> 
> 7.0 Discussion of Levels issue
> 
> Comments by HP, SWAD indicate people can live with current situation.  
> Chair is hoping for someone to write a new proposal to close that 
> updates the issues list appropriately.
> 
> 
> 8.0 Discussion of Schedule and next steps
> 
> Web Based Strawpoll - CR or PR choices - please fill out the online 
> questionairre at:
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/30310/
> 
> 
> 9.0 AOB
> 
> 
> 10.0 Adjourn
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> Professor James Hendler                           hendler@cs.umd.edu
> Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies         301-405-2696
> Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.      301-405-6707 (Fax)
> Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742      *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***
> 
Received on Wednesday, 2 July 2003 03:41:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:01 GMT