XML language subset

From: Christopher Welty <welty@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:41:59 -0500
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I recently saw word that the W3C TAG is considering an "XML Subset" to
address concerns that XML is too complicated for a lot of implementors,
and some communities only needing a simpler subset would like it to be
standardized to facilitate interoperation.

I know I've heard a lot of grumbling and snide remarks about the three OWL
languages, and the fact that XML is considering going in the same
direction will help us make the case.

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr.
Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA
Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055
Fax: +1 914.784.6912, Email: welty@us.ibm.com