XML language subset

From: Christopher Welty <welty@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:41:59 -0500
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I recently saw word that the W3C TAG is considering an "XML Subset" to
address concerns that XML is too complicated for a lot of implementors,
and some communities only needing a simpler subset would like it to be
standardized to facilitate interoperation.

I know I've heard a lot of grumbling and snide remarks about the three OWL
languages, and the fact that XML is considering going in the same
direction will help us make the case.

-Chris

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr.
Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA
Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055
Fax: +1 914.784.6912, Email: welty@us.ibm.com