Re: annotations - proposed solution

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 01:48, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> syntactically participate in any restrictions, or have inverses, or be
> declared as transitive or symmetric. They are given the semantics from RDFS.
>

> The "any restrictions" covers domain, range, FunctionalProperty etc.
>
> My prefered solution for annotations is as follows:
>
> For textual annotations, such as rdfs:comment and rdfs:label, the properties
> used in the annotations are declared as owl:DatatypeProperty's in the usual
> way. (The two rdfs props are builtin and do not need to be declared) When
> used on individuals the triple corresponds to a propertyValue in the abstract
> syntax, and is given meaning by the direct semantics. When used on an
> ontology, class or property the triple corresponds to an annotation in the
> abstract syntax.
[...]

This looks workable.

Though I'm actually not all that clear on what the problem is.

I'd appreciate some examples.

Ah... ok, the one from your message of 26Jan
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0475.html
cited from your proposed issue of 27Jan makes
it clear enough to me what the problem is.