Re: [re-send] Re: XSLT: status of owls:Documentation unclear

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:36:24 -0500
To: Masahiro Hori <HORIM@jp.ibm.com>
Cc: Jerome Euzenat <Jerome.Euzenat@inrialpes.fr>, www-webont-wg@w3.org, www-webont-wg-request@w3.org

* Masahiro Hori <HORIM@jp.ibm.com> [2003-01-27 05:29+0900]

> Should we think about allowing additional metadata (.e.g., DC and TopicMap)
> into arbitrary position of an OWL document?  Or, is it sufficient to allow
> the inclusion of additional metadata in the header section of OWL?

Yes please! Some metadata is better expressed per-class, per-property; for
eg. pointers to test cases, decisions of the creating organisation., etc etc.
RDFS allows arbitrary additional metadata for classes and properties, which is
why OWL can be layered on top of RDFS. A similar flexibility in OWL's design
might allow an OWL 1.1 or OWL 2.0 to be added later...

Dan