RE: AS&S and WG consensus (was Re: abstract syntax and RDFS)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:37:57 +0100
To: "Jonathan Borden" <jonathan@openhealth.org>, "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

> Yes, well, to speak plainly, I expect that if you we forbidden to use the
> terms "rdfs:seeAlso" and "rdfs:isDefinedBy" under penalty of
> death, that you
> would be able to design a long and productive life for yourself. Let's not
> use the term "can't live with" too lightly, eh?

:)

you are right of course - (well, God willing).

but I really do think I would vote against further progress of OWL along the
recommendation track in some instances ... and the RDFS => OWL Lite
migration is one of those showstopping issues for me (of course that might
be an incorrect judgement, I am influenced by having worked on RDF
developers kits and RDF standards; and HP has a greater RDF investment than
say Description Logic investment).