Re: WOWG: Ahenda Jan 23 telecon

On January 22, Guus Schreiber writes:

> WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
> AGENDA/LOGISTICS
> Janaury 23, 2003

Regrets - I will be at the WWW2003 PC meeting. However...

> ACTION Horrocks: review AS & S Appendices

DONE - a number of editorial changes and a few minor buglets have been
reported and are being fixed.

> ACTION IanH: explain how to say "range of P is A union B" in owl lite

Given 2 classes A and B and property P, add following:

define Nothing using arbitrary property r:

Class(Nothing partial restriction(r minCardinality(1) maxCardinality(0)))

for some fresh properties p1,p2,p3:

Class(A complete restriction(p1 someValuesFrom(Thing)))
Class(notA complete restriction(p1 allValuesFrom(Nothing)))
Class(B complete restriction(p2 someValuesFrom(Thing)))
Class(notB complete restriction(p2 allValuesFrom(Nothing)))
Class(notAandnotB complete notA notB)
Class(notAandnotB complete restriction(p3 someValuesFrom(Thing)))
Class(AorB complete restriction(p3 allValuesFrom(Nothing)))
ObjectProperty(P range(AorB))

Regards, Ian