Re: Annotations and entailments

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:26:40 +0100
To: "Jeremy Carroll <jjc" <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org, www-webont-wg-request@w3.org

I've never thought that far, but I think you are right
(and we indeed need more simple testcases)

-- ,

                    Jeremy Carroll
                    <jjc@hpl.hp.com>         To:     www-webont-wg@w3.org
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    www-webont-wg-requ       Subject:     Annotations and entailments
                    est@w3.org

                    2003-01-18 03:36
                    PM

(During my on-going work on checking the mapping rules I came across this
bug)

Semantic layering problem, potential showstopper.

FileA:
<owl:Class rdf:ID="example">
   <rdfs:comment>An explanation</rdfs:comment>
</owl:Class>

FileB:
<owl:Class rdf:ID="example">
   <rdfs:comment>A different explanation</rdfs:comment>
</owl:Class>

Currently

FileA DL-entails FileB

and

FileB DL-entails FileA

While being IMO simply incorrect; this also breaks semantic layering since
in
OWL Full (like in RDF) neither entailment holds.