Guide glossary

From: Bernard Horan <Bernard.Horan@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:29:39 +0000
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Guide editors

if it's not too late, could you give some thought to the following three
minor comments:

> Class Definition
>     informal term for talking about an owl:Class element and its descendant elements

What's a "descendant element"?

> Class name
>     informal term for refering to an owl:Class tag.

'Tag'? Isn't the class name the term contained by the owl:Class element?

> Individual
>     an instance of an OWL class, i.e., a resource that belongs to the class extension of an OWL class
> Instance
>     a member of the class extension of an OWL class

It's not clear to me that there's a difference between an Instance and
an Individual. I thought that the f2f editors' breakout session had
decided not to include Instance as a noun. In
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0176.html
Chris indicates that
"instance: the relation between an individual and a class"