Re: AllDifferent

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:53:19 +0100
To: "Jim Hendler <hendler" <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Cc: pfps@research.bell-labs.com, www-webont-wg@w3.org

>>I have no recollection of that nor can I find any result
>>while searching all W3C mailing lists for "distinctMembers"
>>but anyhow, we tested it that way for
>
>This wasn't in a mailing list, is in our irc log (which was luckily
>kept at ILRT - thanks to Dave Beckett - if I had an Owl around I'd
>send it over to him)
>
>>  [15:31:14] DanC
>>PROPOSED: to resolve the AllDifferent issue using an AllDifferent
>>class and a distinctMembers property (to be elaborated by the
>>semantics editors).
>>[15:31:53] DanC
>>RESOLVED; connolly, carroll, Beckhofer, Dale, Volz abstaining.

oops... right, forgot to check the records
and I missed that part as I left at 3pm
(and I guess you were the only one I couldn't
find then to say thanks for the meeting)
I've tested that resolution in above testcase
and tested it also in
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/gedcom-facts.n3
and it actually reduces our number of steps in
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/gedcom-proof.n3

-- ,

PS btw I left too early as I confused the flight
   number with the departure time...