Re: AllDifferent

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:52:58 +0100
To: pfps@research.bell-labs.com
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

[sorry Peter, you maybe got this many times, but I coudn't post
to the list as my mail address has changed]

> Apparently the record of the decision on AllDifferent may be a bit hard
> read.
>
> Here is my recollection:
>
> <owl:AllDifferent>
>  <owl:distinctMembers rdf:parsetType="Collection">
>   <ex:Person rdf:about="John" />
>   <ex:Person rdf:about="Mary" />
>   <ex:Person rdf:about="Susan" />
>   <ex:Person rdf:about="Joe" />
>  </owl:distinctMembers>
> <owl:AllDifferent>
>
> makes the denotations of John, Mary, Susan, and Joe be all different.

I have no recollection of that nor can I find any result
while searching all W3C mailing lists for "distinctMembers"
but anyhow, we tested it that way for

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/AllDifferent/Manifest001
  http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/AllDifferent/premises001
  http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/AllDifferent/conclusions001

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/distinctMembers/Manifest001
  http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/distinctMembers/premises001
  http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/distinctMembers/conclusions001

and made the rtest:status of following "OBSOLETED"

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/AllDistinct/Manifest001

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/AllDistinct/Manifest002

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/oneOfDistinct/Manifest001

> This is all now in the Abstract Syntax (no change needed there,
actually),
> the mapping to RDF graphs, and the RDFS-compatible model theory.

I discovered that yesterday while reading the Abstract Syntax

-- ,