GUIDE comment [was Re: comments on ASS]

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
> Subject: Re: comments on ASS
> Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:32:06 +0100
>
> [...]
>

>>>OWL Lite has had defined classes from the beginning.   If the Guide
>>>indicates otherwise, it needs to be fixed.
>>
>>So, this is a legal OWL Lite axiom according to the AS&S. If, so we have
>>to correct this in the Guide.
>>
>><owl:Class rdf:ID="TexasThings">
>>   <owl:sameClassAs>
>>     <owl:Restriction>
>>       <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#locatedIn" />
>>       <owl:allValuesFrom rdf:resource="#TexasRegion" />
>>     </owl:Restriction>
>>   </owl:sameClassAs>
>></owl:Class>
>>
>>Note that this only holds for restrictions. Set operators or enumeration
>>in this type of axiom would be non-lite.
>

> Yes, the above is legal OWL Lite.

Mike/Chris,

This means the Guide example should be changed. If the example is
changed to use intersection/union/complement/oneof, then it is in
OWL/DL. Alternatively, you could keep the example and mark it as OWL DL.

Guus

--
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam,
http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html