Deprecated class/property

From: Christopher Welty <welty@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:30:28 -0500
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I'm making some suggested changes to the guide and I can not find any
description in any of the other documents for the deprecatedClass and
deprecatedProperty constructs.  They are described in [1], which is listed
as a resolution to the versioning issue in the issues list.

The REF document seems to indicate that there is a owl:version tag,
however in [1], , it claims this tag should be removed.  The REF needs to
be brought up to date wrt versioning.

Since AS&S does not (I presume) describe extra-logical features, do we
need a NORMATIVE document to describe the owl:ontology element and its
sub-elements (priorversion, imports, etc), and the deprecatedClass and
deprecatedProperty classes?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0075.html

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr.
Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA
Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055
Fax: +1 914.784.6078, Email: welty@us.ibm.com