Re: ISSUE: owl:Class name misleading; try owl:Set?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 02 Jan 2003 23:51:25 -0600
To: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 21:36, Jonathan Borden wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
> >
> > Please provide an example of two owl classes that
> > have the same members but differ in some other
> > property ...
>
> Hmmm....
>
> ex:foo rdf:type owl:Class .
> ex:bar rdf:type owl:Class .
>
> ex:foo owl:sameClassAs ex:bar .
>
> but they have different names ... that's a 'property' of a class that
> differs from the extension eh?

But from what I understand, that's impossible for owl:Class's.
i.e. if they have the same extension, they're identical,
so they have the same properties. (this is not true
for all rdfs:Classes; only for the owl:Class subclass)

(Hmm... at one point in the semantics discussion,
properties of owl:Class's other than their membership
were sorta disconnected from their membership.
i.e. you could have a class ex:foo and a
thing-with-other-properties ex:foo, but they
weren't logically connected. But that was in OWL DL;
in full OWL, ex:foo denotes just one thing,
and its class extension is connected to its
other properties.)

Perhaps I need to double-check my understanding
versus the latest drafts, but I don't see how
it can be any other way.