Re: Reference document: a review

From: <herman.ter.horst@philips.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 19:49:02 +0100
To: mdean@bbn.com, www-webont-wg@w3.org
In today's telecon we discussed the desire to make the reference document
completely realize its function as a reference for the syntax of the

I want to make a suggestion that makes more concrete the comments I
made in this direction in my review of this document at [1].
This review mentions that many sections do already contain more or less
syntax descriptions, in the form of examples, but that in four important
such syntax descriptions are missing:
class elements, class expressions, property restrictions, property

A simple way to fill this gap would be to simply copy several syntactic
examples from
the Guide document to these four sections.  I mean only the syntax, not
ontology discussions surrounding it, of course.
Then the effort that went/goes in these examples is used twice.
Although the Guide itself is not convenient to use as a reference for
language syntax,
several of its examples could also be used in the reference document.

Herman ter Horst
Philips Research

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0256.html