document question: theoretical properties of OWL sublanguages

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 18:02:47 -0500
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

I have now read all the documents (except test) and am typing up my
reviews.  One thing I noticed, however, was that although we spent a
lot of time in the WG discussing the theoretical properties of Lite,
DL and Full (and this was a major part of our decision as to whether
to include hasValue in Lite v. DL) none of the current documents
actually discusses this.

Ian wrote up a description in email [1] that formally distinguishes
these, but it is not in the documents.  I would propose that we
consider adding Ian's note (edited a bit to become a document
section) as an APPENDIX to the SEMANTICS document.  This could then
be referred to in the other documents - with a ref to Guide for an
informal distinction and to this appendix as a formal one.  If not
there, we really need a version of this somewhere in our documents.

Semantics editors, would you consider this please?  If you think it
inappropriate, where would you suggest we include it?

  thanks
  JH

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0239.html

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler