Re: oneOfDistinct, a proposal for 5.18

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 01 Jan 2003 13:37:44 -0600
To: "Peter F. "Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 09:20, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
[...]
> There is an alternative, however, which I think is preferable in some ways.
>
> OWL could have something like
>
> <owl:AllDistinct rdf:parseType="Collection">
>   <owl:Person rdf:about="#John"/>
>   <owl:Person rdf:about="#Susan"/>
> </owl:AllDisjoint>

I realized the other day that this doesn't actually parse.
AllDistinct parses as a typedNode there, not a propertyElement.
parseType goes on propertyElements.

It seems Jos already made the point in his message
of Sat, 21 Dec 2002 20:56:12 +0100

| I just don't see how rdf:parsetype="Collection"
| could work in this case

I don't think that's a show-stopper, but I suggest
the chair confirm that the guide editor can
explain how to use AllDistinc before making a decision
about AllDistinct.