W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > February 2003

ADMIN: Agenda/Logistics February 27

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:12:43 -0500
Message-Id: <p05200f32ba8310e69e62@[10.0.1.4]>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
  [1]


WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
February 27 2003

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London
0200 Tokyo (next day)


Duration: 90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION
To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair: Jim Hendler
Scribe: Jerome E.


1) ADMIN (15 min)

1.1 role call

regrets: Schreiber and Connolly regret they are not coming.
          Hendler regrets he is   ** just a joke **

1.2 Approval of Minutes of last telecon

PROPOSED to accept the following as a true record of the Feb 20 telecon
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Feb/0348.html


1.3 agenda ammendments

1.4 telecon schedule

Next telecon - March 13th  (note - no telecon March 6!)
Next Scribe - TBD

2.0 Action review

* Tech plenary
NEW ACTION, Chairs: Agenda needed for f2f plenary.
  Done - Hendler
NEW ACTION, Chairs: speaker phone at Tech plenary on Tuesday
   Done - Hendler
* Relation between RDFS and OWL Lite NEW ACTION: Jeremy to update his 
discussion of this issue, give quick comments.
NEW ACTION: Guus to review, add to the Reference document as Appendix.
NEW ACTION: Deb to add a paragraph to Overview doc.
NEW ACTION: Jim, Pat to review

*  RESPONSE TO RDFCore LC
ACTION Guus summary review of RDF Schema doc as proposal for the WG
  - DONE
NEW ACTION: Jim to send comments to RDF CORE
  -DONE

* OWL DL syntax
NEW ACTION: Mike Smith to put (message Jan 04089) in issues document.
NEW ACTION: Ian, Jeremy, Peter, Pat, Sean, Guus, Jos will work as task
force on discussion and return in 1 week with progress report

* DOCUMENT STATUS
NEW ACTION: Evan and Mike Dean to take MIME type and produce MIME type doc.

3.0 DOCUMENTS (as long as it takes)

3.1 Congratulations to those Editors who got their LCC drafts in on time

Overview - http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/OWLFeatureSynopsis.htm

S&AS -
http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/owl/

Use Cases -
http://www.cse.lehigh.edu/~heflin/webont/reqdoc/

Guide -
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/guide-src/Guide.html

3.2 Status reports from those who didn't
Guide
Reference
Test

3.3 Special thanks to Mike Smith

Updated Issues List:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html


4.0 Discussion of DL Syntax issue (remaining time except for 2-3 minutes)

Peter Patel-Schneider has written a message comparing S&AS with 
Jeremy's proposed syntax:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Feb/0373.html
  We will go through this point by point to get WG inputs w/respect to 
these differences


5.0 AOB (final 2-3 minutes)


[1] owl2.gif would be a great official logo and we have versions for 
Lite, DL and Full as well - does anybody care?

-- 
Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-731-3822 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler

OWL2.gif
(image/gif attachment: OWL2.gif)

Received on Wednesday, 26 February 2003 20:12:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:57 GMT