Re: Imports issue

I agree with Peter.

Jena  has implemented daml:imports for ages now (well over a year).
It is limited to what fits in memory (with Jena's somewhat profligate
approach to memory).

I am unsure as to whether it implements the transitive closure as specified
  for OWL - i.e. if it is robust against import cycles.
I am copying Ian Dickenson, the developer of that code: Ian please can you
comment (to the webont list) on how far or close it is from the OWL imports
mechanism.
Peter outlines the OWL algorithm below.

Ian is working on OWL support for Jena2, and I understand that we intend to
continue to support imports.

As an aside - I think imports is a much more important feature in OWL Lite
and OWL DL than in OWL Full.

Jeremy