Re: owl:imports experience: took it out

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:44:16 -0500
To: "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Cc: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Jos,

> The range of owl:imports is an owl:Ontology
> and when we write
>
>   :foo owl:imports <http://example.org/ontology>.
>
> it is a web document!

Two thoughts:

1) Where does it say that the rande of owl:imports is an owl:Ontology? I
understand what I think you mean in English, but *literally* the range of
owl:imports is a web document that contains a set of RDF triples, *not* a
single object of rdf:type owl:Ontology.

2) An ontology seems to me to be a subclass of a web document.

In either case I don't think this is a showstopper problem with
owl:imports -- and to be clear this discussion is in the context of removing
owl:imports from the current version of OWL.

Jonathan