RE: OWL Lite vs OWL DL-Lite

> From: Jonathan Borden [mailto:jonathan@openhealth.org]
> I am trying to look at this from the point of view of a
> newbie to OWL --
> perhaps this is the exact person which might be drawn to OWL
> Lite. Ok, let's
> assume this person has some knowledge of RDF Schema.

Jonathan, it's rare that I disagree with your points, but I am not
convinced that this is a valid assumption in all cases.  I would expect
some people to be drawn to OWL Lite because it seems to be a superset of
RDFS; I would expect others to be drawn to OWL Lite because of the
particular point it occupies on the continuum of expressiveness vs.
tractability of reasoning.  Basing our arguments on RDF seems
inappropriate unless we have some idea of the relative sizes of the two
communities.

		- Peter