Re: From our comments list (Lite/DL/Full)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:04:13 -0600
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 15:24, pat hayes wrote:
> [...]
> Maybe we ought to be honest about this split and present a
> document which discusses the issue and gives an outline of both
> perspectives.

I like it...

> As I see it, the two basic views are roughly as follows, listed in no
> particular order.

[...]

> PS. I could try to draft a document along these lines, which would
> try to give the pros and cons of each perspective and explain the
> issues involved in a lay-readable form, if the WG feels that it would
> be useful. Obviously it would have to be ad-hominem-purged.

I'd like the overview editors to do the purging and integrate
the above into section 1.3 The three sublanguages of OWL
of the overview.
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/#s1.3

I think this is a big improvement on the justification
of the sublanguages.

cf. 31Jan discussion of justifying our sublanguages
in the context of the TAG finding on profiling XML...
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0566.html