Re: Annotations use case

From: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:44:23 +0000
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Cc: Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com>, webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Another point on annotation.

I presume that it is obvious by now that we need to have annotations
in the RDF graph (XML comments just don't hack it as there is no
guarantee that they would be preserved when exchanging or editing
ontologies). If all such comments are semantically meaningful, then
there is a serious issue with backwards compatibility. E.g., if I
correct a spelling mistake in an annotation, then is the resulting
ontology backwards compatible with the original?