'xsd:redefine' removed from XML presentation syntax Schemas

From: Masahiro Hori <HORIM@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:44:09 +0900
To: "Raphael Volz" <volz@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Thanks for your feedback.

'xsd:redefine' was used in the only one module
in the XML Schema, and I have changed the module not to use 'xsd:redefine'.
This change makes sense because the Schemas could be used with more
XML parsers, rather than just Apache Xerces-j (v2.2.1) that I have been

Attaches is a ZIP-ed archive of the latest XML presentation syntax Schema
and OWL examples in XML, which are taken from the latest Guide [1] and
(manually) converted to the XML presentation syntax.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/guide-src/Guide.html

(See attached file: 20030203_OWL-XMLSchema.zip)

Masahiro Hori, Ph.D.
Group Leader, Programming Models & Tools,
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-46-215-4667 / Fax: +81-46-274-4282
Email: horim@jp.ibm.com

                      "Raphael Volz"
                      <volz@aifb.uni-ka        To:       Masahiro Hori/Japan/IBM@IBMJP
                      rlsruhe.de>              cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: Update: XML presentation syntax (Appendix E of OWL
                      2003/02/05 03:10          Reference)

Hi -

I tried to use XMLS data binding frameworks
with your schema, however neither one (jaxb, castor, jbind)
can deal with redefinitions.

Is there a way to materialize modular schemas
out to a single one without doing it manually ?

A databinding framework would provide a quick
implementation of an OWL api...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Best regards,

Raphael Volz