Re: update to Overview Document - action completed

I want to get the overview document published with the rest of the documents
and find either the email that is unclear or my interpretation of it that is
fuzzy to be a problem.
Given the document due date, I would like email of the form:
change "xxx"  to "yyy" please.

"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:

> From: Deborah McGuinness <dlm@ksl.Stanford.EDU>
> Subject: update to Overview Document - action completed
> Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:07:19 -0800
>

> > There is a new overview in the normal place -
> >  http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/OWLOverview.htm
> > It has the feb 3, 2003 date requested.
> > I also attach it here for completeness for the records.
> >
> > Updates:
> >
> > - Per Hendler's request, remove datatypes for now.  Thus section 3.6 was
> > dropped (and 3.7 is now 3.6).
>
> I think that this is a serious mistake.  OWL Lite includes datatypes.
> Removing them from the Overview makes the document incorrect in a very
> important area.

we can not keep moving back and forth on these issues.
We can put the datatype section back in as it was before Jim's email asked that
it be taken out or leave it out or incorporate text from someone like peter who
can write 2 sentences that are more detailed than what was there before.

> > - Per last telecon, added intersection of for named classes only.  (Note,
> > this added a new section in OWL Lite for intersection of named classes
> > and required a small clarification to the boolean connector section in
> > OWL DL/Full section.
>
> As Ian has already noted, this is not correct.  OWL Lite should have
> interesections of named classes and restrictions..

My previous email and the document states what I understood from Jim's email.

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Knowledge Systems Laboratory