racer, DIG and OWL

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:00:26 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Cc: ian.dickinson@hp.com

This is a general FYI.

Ian Dickinson has noticed that the DIG interface makes the unique names
assumption, and hence cannot be used very easily (if at all) for OWL, in its
current generation.

I had been hoping to get some OWL test results for racer through work going on
both by Ian and Sean on using the DIG interface. I now no longer have that
hope. Thus I am not expecting any significant new information between PR and
REC concerning any of the OWL tests. (It may be that racer has unique names
assumption deeply embedded within it - I don't know)

(The current test approvals etc that we are voting on are based on our current
information, and trying to make the best of what we know, which, in a few
cases is less than I would like)