Re: Test oneOf/004

From: Sean Bechhofer <seanb@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:23:26 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
To: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Jos De_Roo wrote:

> Sean - I assume that
> xsd:short rdfs:subClassOf xsd:int.
> xsd:int rdfs:subClassOf xsd:long.
> xsd:long rdfs:subClassOf xsd:integer.
> so a xsd:short is also a xsd:integer.

That may be the case, but the Test document says:

[[
The datatype theory of an OWL consistency checker MUST minimally support
at least xsd:integer, xsd:string from [XML Schema Datatypes].
]]

Thus as an implementor, I can simply ignore test oneOf/004 (as it uses
datatypes which are outside those that I support) and I can get away with
not having to pass what might otherwise be an awkward test (which is fine
by me, by the way with my implementation hat on :-)

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer
seanb@cs.man.ac.uk