OWL Tests with First Order Reasoner (Update)

From: Sean Bechhofer <seanb@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:43:45 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

We have been continuing our experiments on translating OWL to FO and then
using a FO theorem prover. This now includes a basic approach to datatypes
and some improvements to the original translation. The detailed results
are at:

but a summary of the results are as follows. Tackling the 170
inconsistency, consistency and positive entailment tests that are rated as
being DL from the approved and proposed collections, we have:

Type		Attempted	PASS
Inconsistent 	70 		63
Consistent 	52 		41
Positive 	48 		37
Total 		170 		141

Note that 14 of the "non-passing" tests are due to the presence of
datatypes that are not in the minimally required set of supported
datatypes. More details on this at the above URL.

Sean Bechhofer