RE: test manifest file

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:03:55 +0200
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

> An OWL DL or OWL Lite syntax checker MUST produce an error, not a
> warning, for most if not all of these.

Yes if we had defined such a beast that would be true - so far none of these
are in OWL DL.

However, the piece of software defined in the conformance section is an OWL
Syntax Checker, that classifies a document as one of
  Lite, DL, Full or Other
and also may generate a warning for network errors and incorrect use of the
OWL namespace.

Such a beast should, on a typical such test:

1) return Full
2) generate a warning

While we have not defined an OWL DL Syntax Checker I would imagine it:
- would return false (not in DL)
- may or may not generate a warning (depending on whether it detected a
syntactic ill-formedness before or after it detected the illegal use of the
OWL namespace).