W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > August 2003

implementation report for DL syntax checker

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:04:42 -0400 (EDT)
Message-Id: <20030808.170442.39381974.pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I wrote an OWL DL syntax checker from the CR version of S&AS
and ran it over all the OWL tests.

The checker was run on all files in accepted tests that were marked as
being in OWL Lite or OWL DL or not being in OWL DL.  I didn't run the
checker on files marked as not being in OWL Lite --- these are probably
also not in OWL DL, but this is not inferrable from the test manifest.

The only mistakes that the checker made were on 
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/miscellaneous/consistent001 and 
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/miscellaneous/consistent002 where the
underlying XML engine that I am using (Galax) choked.  I expect to get a
new version of Galax next week and will see if these are then correctly
processed.

peter

PS:  Of course it may be that my syntax checker has errors and they are
just not exercised by the approved OWL tests.

PPS: It was more difficult than necessary to determine how to process the
     manifest file.
Received on Friday, 8 August 2003 17:04:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:01 GMT