REQDOC: Actions complete

From: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:31:40 -0400
To: WebOnt <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

I have completed the following actions regarding the Requirements

ACTION Jeff Heflin to add reference section to requirements document
ACTION heflin Add second line to editors draft pointing at LC.
ACTION heflin Change firstname/lastname to e-mail.
ACTION heflin Add change log appendix to editors draft.

You may view these changes in the Editor's Draft at:

I am suggesting to respond to public-webont-comment on the
"firstname/lastname" issue as follows:

Dear Misha,

Thank you for bringing up the issue that the firstname/lastname example
in Use Cases and Requirements was not culturaly neutral. I have ammended
that paragraph with an e-mail address based example as suggested earlier
in this thread. Here is the updated text:

O11. String manipulation

The language should support string concatenation and simple pattern
matching. These features can be used to establish interoperability
between ontologies that treat complex information as a formatted string
and those that have separate properties for each component. For example,
one ontology may represent an e-mail address as a single string, while
another may divide it into a string for user name and a string for
server name. To integrate the two ontologies, one would need to specify
that the concatenation of the user name, the '@' character, and the
server name is equivalent to the single value used in the first

Please let me know if this is satisfactory.

Jeff Heflin

Is there anything I need to know about replying, to make sure I don't
accidentally reopen the issue in the eyes of the automated issue
tracking tools?