REQDOC: Actions complete

From: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:31:40 -0400
To: WebOnt <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

I have completed the following actions regarding the Requirements
document:

ACTION Jeff Heflin to add reference section to requirements document
ACTION heflin Add second line to editors draft pointing at LC.
ACTION heflin Change firstname/lastname to e-mail.
ACTION heflin Add change log appendix to editors draft.

You may view these changes in the Editor's Draft at:

http://www.cse.lehigh.edu/~heflin/webont/reqdoc/

I am suggesting to respond to public-webont-comment on the
"firstname/lastname" issue as follows:

Dear Misha,

Thank you for bringing up the issue that the firstname/lastname example
in Use Cases and Requirements was not culturaly neutral. I have ammended
that paragraph with an e-mail address based example as suggested earlier
in this thread. Here is the updated text:

O11. String manipulation

The language should support string concatenation and simple pattern
matching. These features can be used to establish interoperability
between ontologies that treat complex information as a formatted string
and those that have separate properties for each component. For example,
one ontology may represent an e-mail address as a single string, while
another may divide it into a string for user name and a string for
server name. To integrate the two ontologies, one would need to specify
that the concatenation of the user name, the '@' character, and the
server name is equivalent to the single value used in the first
ontology.

Please let me know if this is satisfactory.

Sincerely,

Jeff Heflin

Is there anything I need to know about replying, to make sure I don't
accidentally reopen the issue in the eyes of the automated issue
tracking tools?

Jeff