RE: Suggestions for response to: Some comments on OWL Reference

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:00:56 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Yuzhong Qu:
 > 1. The PRECISE SYNTAX  of OWL
etc.

I wonder whether Prof. Qu should be directed towards section 4.2 of S&AS and
maybe the following phrase from the preamble at the beginning of 4

"the mapping rules implicitly define a set of graphs, which syntactically
characterise OWL DL in RDF/XML."

For me, those two parts of the WDs are where the precise syntax of OWL is
defined, and they are not prejudiced by the abstract syntax being informal.
(i.e. the level of formality of the abstract syntax is fit for purpose)

I note the editor could do this without further WG discussion.

Jeremy