Re: proposed response for http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Apr/0023.ht ml

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:53:33 -0400
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

Peter - I think this would handle things right, and we could reopen
the issue of whether owl:nothing should be in Lite.  I have one small
suggestion

>I believe that the explanatory text adequately makes the distinction
>between named and anonymous individuals, and that there does not need to be
>separate productions for them, particularly as the productions are very
>similar.

How about citing some of the relevant text and saying

The following text
  " ... "
explains the difference between named and anonymous individuals,
There does not need to be separate productions for them as the
productions are very similar.

this way, you can direct him to the particular part of the document
that answers his question, rather than making him search for it.

  -JH

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler